+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petition To Stop Neo-McCarthyism!!!

Petition To Stop Neo-McCarthyism!!!

STOP EXTREMISTS, who called themselves "Anti-Communist", from VIOLATING THE RIGHTS of OTHERS. McCarthyism NO MORE, PLZ!!

Even though senator McCarthy had gone in 1957, McCarthyism has died with him since... but for some ex-soldiers of our former allies, the War with Communism is still going on, as real as can be--at least in their mind, it is.

We have nothing against their attitudes, mindsets, or conditions... We owe a debt for their sacrifice and service during the war. We should never forget that, and should honor them and compensate them every chance we could, as much as we can.

However, just as each of us should assume our roles in society accordingly, they should try to learn from the veterans of previous Wars [like WWI, WWII, and Korean War]: To ACCEPT CIVIC LIFE and leave the policies-making to authorized officials, and the fighting to military personnels.

Please OUTLAW these witch hunts, persecutions, malices or harassments based on McCarthyism. Make it a felony, if anyone harassed, accused others of being a "communist" [or communist-sympathizer] without any just cause or proof--especially if they use the excuse of "fighting-communism to infringe others' civil rights, or disrupt others' means of conducting normal business.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...paign=shorturl

Re: Petition To Stop Neo-McCarthyism!!!

Quote Originally Posted by "Bruce" (blogvietkieu.com)
    Signatures needed by March 28, 2012 to reach goal of 25,000 = 24,999 .
    Thấy sao hiêu quá đại ca. Từ đây đến tháng nửa đại ca có đi spam hết 10000 cái forums chưa chắc kiếm được 10 ngàn chữ ký, chứ đừng nói chi đến 25 ngàn. Thôi, mình nghĩ nên tìm cách khác thì hay hơn.

Mà tỷ dụ nghen, tỷ dụ thôi, nếu có 25 ngàn chữ ký rồi thì các bước kế tiếp sẻ ra sao đại ca ? Vì trong cái petition mình không thấy nói phải làm sao để đạt mục đích ngăn chận Việt Chống Cộng Cực Đoan.
    Cái này mìn want to go "main stream" đó Bruce. :help

Hopefully, we can show what this petition [New Tool] should be used for [to suggest to our government about changes that really affect our lives].

I haven't started posting in English forums, yet. But I will. :so

Quote Originally Posted by "C-unit" (blogvietkieu.com)
    Em cũng thấy sao cái petition này không có chi tiết rõ ràng gì hết, nói gì mà mơ hồ quá, em đọc cũng không hiểu rõ đối tượng chính xác của họ là ai, những hành động nào mà họ muốn ngăn chặn, v.v.

Theo em thấy cái petition này nên thay đổi ngôn văn 1 chút, viết là đại loại là petition bác SD không được tự xử quá nhiều khi bệnh tật, nếu không FBI sẽ đến tận nhà mà còng tay bác ấy để xem bác ấy còn tự xử được nữa hay không. Phải nêu ra hành động rõ ràng, và biện pháp xử lý chi tiết, để bà con còn biết mà hưởng ứng hay không.
    cool

Thanks, you guys.

Got it. thankyou

I think i went back to edit out the "naming" aka particular group and their specific actions... :nup

Hù họ tí thôi.

Nếu cần làm thật... I'll consider you guys' advices. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce
    Hôm qua nay mà bọn phản động vẫn chưa một đứa nào ký tên vô kiến nghị thư lên tổng thống Obama cả. Anh Việt Dú, anh nên quánh thẳng quánh thật chứ đừng có hù đâm ra lờn, mai mốt các kiến nghị, yêu cầu, hành động của anh bị chúng coi thường. Đọc bài của anh viết về vụ Trúc Hồ Trúc Xinh mình thấy anh viết bài đó rất hay, có giá trị và bổ ích. Người Việt mình thường lập lờ để mọi người hiểu khác đi sự việc (mà đa số thì ai cũng nghĩ thế), mà Trúc Hồ không nêu rõ ra là các proceedings nó thế nào, để người Việt hải ngoại và trong nước hiểu như hắn đã có gan góc gặp được Obama này nọ là không được , là mị dân kiểu cộng sản Việt Nam, Cộng Sản Tàu, Cộng Sản Bắc Hàn.

Mình nói nghen, sau này mà nhà nước CSVN cho đa đảng đa nguyên, mình về lập băng lập đảng tranh cử, mà thời may đảng BVK của mình mà đắc cử nhờ các em chân dài bầu cho nghen, thì mình sẻ ra một tu chính án, bắt hết quân nhân cán chính Việt Nam Cộng Hoà đi "cải tạo" lại tư tưởng thêm lần nửa để xoá đi cái mà cộng sản đã đặt vô trong đầu họ khi họ đi tù cộng sản, và tẩy đi những cái vớ vẩn mà họ hiểu sai lệch nếu họ không có đi tù cộng sản vì trốn qua Mỹ sau khi tàn cuộc nội chiến năm 1975.
    Bruce, thanks for the advice. You're probably right. Thre was still no one else to second this petition. Maybe it's time to reconsider if I want to go through with this, for real, or scrap it before humiliating myself even more.

Bài mìn viết về NS Trúc Hồ, vì chỉ là draft, theo dạng prose, nên còn hơi lủng củng [lập đi lập lại nhiều lần những điều đã nêu ra], nhưng cũng cám ơn bác mày đã khích lệ. The message came through I hope?

I think most of us younger people do realize there's something wrong with people that were imprisoned by the current Vietnam's regime, be it old age, depression, post-trauma disorder... or whatever--they need help, mentally. And the first step is to face the truth, realizing they have problems (Schizophrenia, Paranoia, Dementia, PTDS...). I am not trashing them, just pointing [whatI think is] FACTS.

Anyway, that's why "I went easy on them" in the previous draft.

If I revise the petition [with you guys' help], will you work with me to see if we can make something out of it [at least publish it out there on We the People page]?

Quote Originally Posted by gió
    Quote Originally Posted by Viet Youth
    However, each of us should assume our roles in society accordingly, they should learn from the veterans of previous Wars: ACCEPT CIVIC LIFE and leave the policies-making to authorized officials, and the fighting to military personnels.
    This petition is misguided. The American civic life involves voting and influencing the making of policies. This is why President Obama let American citizens petition for changes in policies via the Internet. It is very odd that you are petitioning the government to disallow other citizens from petitioning for their causes.
    You may be right. That phrase could be misunderstood or misinterpreted to ruin the whole petition [which is already vauge in the first place].

Maybe we can phrase it better as follow:

Return to normal CIVIC LIFE: Leave the Investigations to Authorized Agencies, Leave the Apprehensions/Prevention to Law Enforcements, Leave the Sentencing to Justice Departments, and Leave the Fighting to Military Personnels.

We can and should voice our concerns whenever we see problems that might have a negative effect on our society if left unnoticed, but do so with caution and courtesy [abiding laws and let others voice theirs]. Laws are Laws [and so are our National Policies]--no matter how absurd they might seem to any of us. If we wanted to change these Policies [to our liking], we should go through proper channels/proceedings to take [legal] actions. No matter how noble or righteous we think our causes are, we cannot infringe others' rights, privacy or well-being... promoting our own causes.

+ Reply to Thread