Simon Nguyen:

We are looking for a leader who can confront these unscrupulous business owners and tell them to pay up or we will punish you. Most of them don't live in Westminster; That's why they don't care. It's a shame that Little Saigon has the most businesses but pay the least taxes and no one in the community or current council members dare to confront the issue.
First of all, let's clarify this [once and for all]:

I think it's a misconception [on some voters part] to think of council members as their [community] leaders; and it's misleading for councilpersons to claim to be anyone's "Leader".

For instance, any of the people in my advisory board would be far more "qualified" to represent the city than I am. The reason they chose to support me to be their city councilman is not because they think I am any better than they are, or they agreed to vote for me to be "their leader".

Some qualified people don't have the time to be city council members, others don't care about this seat, and the rest don't want to get involved in "our political process" [or because of other reasons I can't recall here].

Simply put, I think people will vote for us to be their Public Servant, city council members, not to be their leaders. Let's not forget there are four council members and only one Mayor in our city.

If anyone thought otherwise, he or she should declare so on their platforms.

I am campaigning to run for a seat in the Westminster City Council. I will serve and fufill my duties as required from a council member. I don't represent any specific group, or claim to be anyone's leader.

Those, who are supporting me, believe that I am sincere about the cause/proposal, that I have the passion, the determination, dedication and instruments to carry out my promises.

Of course, being a Vietnamese American would help me understand the Vietnamese Community better, and [hopefully] would be able to provide them with more relevant/needed assistances/programs.

However, my allegiance is to the City of Westminster, which comprises of many ethnic groups, not just us Vietnamese.

The reason we are proposing to elevate Little Saigon to become a World-Class Tourist Destination is because that would help our city, Westminster, not just because that will make us Viet "Proud"."