Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 20 NFL Players Who Lost It All [I Distracted]

Re: 20 NFL Players Who Lost It All [I Distracted]

Johnny Unitas

Wikipedia

Back in the day, Johnny Unitas was a stellar quarterback who played for the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Baltimore Colts, and the San Diego Chargers. For 53 years, Unitas held down the record for the most consecutive games with a touchdown pass. But after football, Unitas made failed investments and a business he had stake in collapsed, causing him to file for bankruptcy in 1991.

Raghib Ismail

Athlete Promotions

Raghib “Rocket” Ismael played for the Canadian Football League for two years before playing on various NFL teams for a decade. Over his career, Ismael is estimated to have earned some $20 million. After his retirement, Ismael dabbled in business, making poor investments that caused him to lose nearly all of his money.

Mark Brunell

Jacksonville

It’s a sad day when you see someone go from NFL to high school football coach. Quarterback Mark Brunell made an estimated $50 million from his contracts and salary alone during his career in the NFL. But after retiring from football, Brunell used a majority of his earnings by investing in real estate in Michigan, as well as fast food chain Whataburger. Brunell ended up filing for bankruptcy in 2010 before becoming a coach.

Luther Ellis

Blogspot

Former defensive tackle for the Detroit Lions and then the Denver Broncos Luther Ellis lost nearly all of his money as a business investor. Just six years into his retirement, Ellis went from multi-millionaire to an average Joe filing for bankruptcy.

Travis Henry

Sportster

After six years in the NFL, running back Travis Henry lost it all. Although Travis Henry never officially retired from the NFL, he was released after failing multiple drug tests. In 2008, Henry was busted for trafficking cocaine. Henry also has around 11 children with 10 different women, and was briefly imprisoned because he could not afford to pay child support.

Archie Griffin

Amazon

Archie Griffin was one of the best running backs in college football. But his stardom never transferred. In 1976, Griffin received a seven-year contract from the Cincinnati Bengals. In those seven seasons, Griffin only seven touchdowns. In 1982 he filed for bankruptcy due to his failing shoe business.

Andre Rison

How Rich

Back in the day, prominent and successful wide receiver Andre Rison signed a $17 million contract with the Cleveland Browns. Excited about his new riches, Rison blew through large sums of his money and in 2007, he was ordered to file for bankruptcy after failing to pay for child support.

Chris McAlister

NFL
    An eleven-season veteran of the NFL, former Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister ended his football career having earned some $45 million dollars. Despite this, he managed to spend most of the money and ended up having to file bankruptcy when he couldn’t pay his child support that was just $3,000.

Deuce McAllister

USA TFTW

Former Saints running back Deuce McAllister was a great football star, but not so much a business man. After his career he purchased and set up his own Nissan Dealership in Mississippi. Not too long after, the car dealership had to file for bankruptcy. dditionally he was sued by Nissan because he apparently defaulted on payments and was also sued by the Whitnet National Bank for failing to pay around $1.8 million on his mortgage.

Dermontti Dawson

KY Pro Football HOF

Dermontti Dawson served as the center for the Pittsburgh Steelers for 12 long years. Dawson was even elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame back in 2012. However, after spending a few years as a developer, his real estate business failed. In 2010, he filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy where he had $69 million in liabilities and debts, but only just $1.5 million in assets.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast