By Jessica Roy
December 23, 2016, 3:30 PM

Actress Carrie Fisher, shown in a still from "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," was taken to a hospital Friday after a "cardiac episode" on a flight from London to Los Angeles. (Lucasfilm)

Two people aboard a flight from London to Los Angeles said via social media that they saw Carrie Fisher stop breathing before the plane landed at LAX.

On Friday, airport police responded to calls of an unresponsive female passenger on board. Emergency officials confirmed that that passenger was Carrie Fisher, the 60-year-old actress and writer who rose to fame playing Princess Leia in the “Star Wars” movies.

She is reported to be in critical condition after experiencing a “cardiac episode” on the 11-hour flight.

Actors Anna Akana and Brad Gage tweeted that they were on the same flight and saw what happened.

“Don't know how else to process this but Carrie Fisher stopped breathing on the flight home,” Akana tweeted.

Anna Akana ✔ @AnnaAkana
Don't know how else to process this but Carrie Fisher stopped breathing on the flight home. Hope she's gonna be OK 😞
1:06 PM - 23 Dec 2016
1,476 1,476 Retweets 2,771 2,771 likes
“I’m in complete shock,” Gage wrote. He and Akana were sitting in front of Fisher on the flight and watched her get taken off the plane by emergency personnel, he said.

Brad Gage @bradgage
I'm in complete shock. @AnnaAkana and I sat in front of Carrie Fisher on our flight from London and she was just taken off the plane by EMTs
1:03 PM - 23 Dec 2016
505 505 Retweets 733 733 likes
In a reply to Gage’s tweet, Akana said Fisher “wasn’t breathing for 10 minutes or so” and that she was receiving CPR up until the landing.

Rick Malambri ✔ @RickMalambri
@bradgage @AnnaAkana Whoa WHAT?? Was she alright? Besides the obvious?
Anna Akana ✔ @AnnaAkana
@RickMalambri @bradgage no :( she wasn't breathing for 10 minutes or so. They were administering CPR up until we landed
1:07 PM - 23 Dec 2016
404 404 Retweets 500 500 likes
“I JUST finished her book and was fangirling out over seeing her dog Gary in person,” Akana wrote. (Fisher’s French bulldog Gary has accompanied the actress around the world, including most of her stops during the “Star Wars” media tours.) She said doctors and nurses aboard the flight as passengers tended to Fisher until the plane landed.

Anna Akana ✔ @AnnaAkana
So many thanks to the United flight crew who jumped into action, and the awesome doctor and nurse passengers who helped
1:06 PM - 23 Dec 2016
501 501 Retweets 1,477 1,477 likes
Anna Akana ✔ @AnnaAkana
Feel weird even tweeting about it but I JUST finished her book and was fangirling out over seeing her dog Gary in person. Gah.
1:10 PM - 23 Dec 2016
79 79 Retweets 508 508 likes
“I don’t really know what happened,” Gage explained in another tweet. “I hope she is ok. I hope she is ok.”

Brad Gage @bradgage
I don't know what happened. Not really sure what to do right now but I hope she is ok. I hope she is ok.
1:09 PM - 23 Dec 2016
95 95 Retweets 428 428 likes
In addition to roles in TV shows and shorts, Akana has a popular YouTube comedy channel and was a writer for the movie “Ant-Man.” Gage is best known for his work on CollegeHumor videos.

Akana tweeted that she and Gage were not available for further comment.

Fisher recently released her eighth book, “Princess Diarist.” She appeared in last year’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and her younger likeness appeared in “Rogue One.”